Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ugh

So. Getting sick sucks.

I got back from Mole last Monday and felt fine so I went to class the next day. When I came home my roommate was really sick and we decided to take her to the hospital because she had a very high fever and looked terrible. While at the hospital (she eventually found out she had malaria) I started getting chills and went home with a fever. I went to the student clinic the next day, where they told me I had malaria, and sent me to get a blood test at the hospital, WHICH TOOK FOREVER. The blood test for malaria came back negative but I had all the symptoms so they put me on the medication because if it goes untreated it can be really bad. The medicine does terrible things to your stomach and makes it hard to do anything other than lay in bed for days at a time. I was finally at the end of the course of medication when I had dinner with my family, and woke up 6 hours later vomiting.

FOOD POISONING!!!
So fun.


BUT I've been able to watch some fantastic movies and laze around which is something I haven't done since I've been here. Mama and I tried to make it seem like it was just another necessary African experience, but I'm not really seeing it that way yet...

I'll never complain about getting a cold again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment